How was your semester in +Pre-Calc?
Please pick one of the topics below and write a short comment.
- something good
- something you struggled with
- something you learned
- anything valuable gained
- a general reflection
Your comment doesn't need to be long. Meaningful, to the point comments are always welcomed!
-i liked the fliped lessons because they helped me to learn
ReplyDelete-i struggled with trigonometry
-i learned about parabolas and ellises and hyperbolas
-i gained the valueable skill of studing for math tests i didn't know how to before
- i really liked your mom talks
-FH
-I enjoyed the flipped lessons because we could then spend time practicing problems and answering important questions
ReplyDelete- I struggle with preparing for tests
MC
I thought the review packets we got for some units were extremely helpful for test preparation. It made me realize the importance of full unit reviewing and now I do it for every test we have.
ReplyDelete-LG
I felt the comprehensive review tests were incredibly helpful, though I struggled to understand when we would need to verify a trig identity in the future, so therefore struggled to master that curriculum.
ReplyDeleteDF
* I liked understanding the homework of a chapter and knowing exactly how to do a similar problem on the test.
ReplyDelete* I did not like finding out I didn't put an effort to fully understand a section of homework, on the day of the test.
- MyraE - someone has the same initials as me
I found the flipped lessons to be a useful tool for learning, because I could take my time and really understand the material at my own pace before coming into class to work. Also, being able to do most of the homework in class helped ease my overall workload throughout the week.
ReplyDelete-RL
-I really liked the flipped lessons because we got a lot more one-on-one homework help during class
ReplyDelete-I also enjoyed learning induction proofs
-I struggled with checking my work on tests to prevent small errors
-ALa
-I really liked the reviews before tests, as they recapped most of what we learned each unit.
ReplyDelete-I struggled with knowing when to use the different probability rules.
-I learned that doing all of the homework means I'll be less stressed on the test day.
-I gained the ability to recognize what is important and what types of problems or concepts I had trouble with.
-Making us learn at home and allowing us to ask questions during class helped me learn concepts faster.
DK
-I liked having all of class time to complete the homework.
ReplyDelete-I learned that those who do the doing do the learning.
-The review packets were very helpful.
ALo
-I liked the review packets before the test-- they prepared me.
ReplyDelete-I liked how you did a flipped lesson and a review of the flipped lesson in class during the conics section.
-I liked how we had time in class doing the homework
-I struggled with managing my time to make the homework a priority, which is something I will change next semester.
RYA
-I really enjoyed the flipped lessons because I got to finish the majority of my homework in class with help.
ReplyDelete-I struggled with the last test because my mind went blank and I made silly mistakes.
-I learned that doing homework really helped me to learn the material better.
-Overall, I really enjoyed this class because we did a lot of trig, which is my favorite.
AM
- I like how you share personal experiences with your students
ReplyDelete- I struggled with focusing on homework in class
- I learned not to study for tests the day before
- anything valuable gained
- I like how i get to take my time learning a new topic with the flipped lessons, instead of trying to keep up with a live teacher
-UT
it was a very fun and nurturing class i loved it UB
ReplyDeleteI liked the review packets
ReplyDeleteI liked being able to have notes from the flipped lesson before the teaching in class
I think we all struggled from the placement of our room
-ME
-I really liked the flipped lessons because I always got more homework done in those units when I had more time in class to ask questions
ReplyDelete-I think that it was harder to focus with the two classrooms learning next to us
-I learn that I do best on tests when I do some homework the day its assigned and then go back and do the rest as a review for the test
AC
i enjoyed the review days
ReplyDeletestruggled with studying strategies
i learned more about trig and a new way to look at parabolas
Z.M.
This semester I learned to be flexible and try new things like flip lessons (which I enjoyed) and having two teachers. EN
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the review days for the tests, as well as the flipped lessons
ReplyDeleteI struggled with the probability rules
I learned that learning the lesson outside of class then doing the homework in class helps more than doing the homework at home by myself.
NR